Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 9 February 2014

Where? O, Love (Romantic Poems Best Romantic Poetry)

02:58
BY:Aamir Qureshi

O, Love, Where is thy niche of comfort and serenity,
Thy cradle of beauty and peace?
My heart has been placed upon the altar, unattended.
My candle glows,
The chancel unaware of its light.
My voice soars only to find soliloquy,
Responses of silence.
Fearful,I look yon to see mere silhouttes,
Hopes and dreams, unconsumated
And without thy blessings.
O, Love, fill my chalice with thy nectar
So that I might touch thee to my lips.
One sip of thy purity and goodness do I thirst for.
Then shall I gladly die in thy arms and return to
The salisfied Earth
To bloom in some summer garden, content and radiant--
Its season fulfilled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer